Cooking sweet rolls with ricotta cream with chocolate chips, candied fruits and pistachios.
We invite you to enjoy one of the most popular Italian desserts – canolli tubes with the most delicate cream of ricotta cheese. It will take about an hour and a half to prepare, but you will be sure of the result.
- Pea – 160 g
- Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Butter – 40 g
- White wine – 3 tablespoons
To fill in:
- Ricotta – 300 g
- Sugar (or powdered sugar) – 100 g
- Cream with a fat content of 30% – 100 gr
- Candied fruit – to be allowed
- Cannoli can be glued with water or egg white.
- To fry the tubules, you need 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- For decoration, take chocolate chips, pistachios, and powdered sugar
Step by step recipe:
- We knead the dough. To do this, sift the flour into a separate bowl, add powdered sugar and ground cinnamon. Optionally, the tubes can be made of chocolate – just substitute 2 tsp. flour for the same amount of cocoa powder.
- Add pieces of cold butter to the flour mixture and rub the butter with flour with quick movements until fine crumbs form.
- Add wine and mix the dough quickly until smooth.
- We wrap the finished dough in cling film and send it to the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
- We prepare the stuffing. Beat the ricotta with sugar or powdered sugar until the cheese turns into a fluffy and light mass.
- Pour the cold cream into a separate container and beat until a thick cream is obtained. Then we introduce ricotta with sugar in ricotta.
- Mix gently, we should get a light and delicate cream.
- At the end, finely chopped candied fruit, chopped pistachios or chocolate chips are introduced into the cream.
- We take the dough out of the fridge and roll it very thin with a thickness of about 1-2 mm.
- With a ring with a diameter of 7-8 cm, cut out circles from the dough.
- Wrap the cut circles of dough around the metal tubes. At the junction, mix one edge of the dough with egg white (or water) and cover with the second end.
- In a deep pan, heat the vegetable oil to 180 degrees
- We lower our tubules in hot oil and fry for 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Place the finished tubes on paper towels and let cool. When the tubes are cool enough, remove them from the metal molds.
- Transfer the cooled cream to a pastry bag with a curly or round mouth.
- Fill the completely cooled tubes with cream.
- We decorate the tubes with finely chopped pistachios, chocolate chips or candied fruit. Cannoli can also be sprinkled with powdered sugar before serving.
- Enjoy your meal!
Focus previously wrote about the favorite breakfast of Paris – thin pancakes with orange sauce.