You can use fresh or frozen berries (Photo: olgainthekitchen.com)
Cook Olga Nagornaya shared a recipe for fruit bread, which will be a great alternative to banana bread.
Before pumpkin season begins, it’s time to cook something fun and seasonal, like the apple and blueberry honey cake.
Desserts can be secured by almond flour, as in Lemon Almond Pie, or apples, as in this recipe. To balance the sweetness, this dessert has blueberries that add a refreshing taste.
Blueberry apple pie recipe
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil or other
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries / blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 175 ° C. Grease a baking dish with oil, line it with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the sifted flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients: egg, honey, sour cream, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and grated apple. Blend the ingredients until the consistency is smooth.
3. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the wet dough with a spatula. Mix blueberries with 1 tbsp. flour and add to the dough. Stir gently.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, using a spatula, spread it carefully over the pan and level the top. Bake the cake for 50 minutes or until done, check with a toothpick. Let the dessert cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the parchment-covered loaf onto a wire rack to cool.
Allow the fruit bread to cool completely before slicing. Bread stays fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Enjoy your meal!
Join us on Facebook, Telegram and Instagram.