Grechaniki is a dish of minced meat with buckwheat in the form of small cutlets. It is easy to make them. Thanks to buckwheat, the dish turns out to be hearty, and roasting in sauce gives buckwheat juicy.
- meat – 500 g;
- buckwheat – 150 g;
- chicken egg – 1 pc.;
- carrots – 1 pc.;
- onions – 1 pc.;
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.;
- tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l.;
- salt, pepper – to taste.
- Rinse buckwheat, cook until soft in salted water, cool.
- Add the egg, salt and pepper to the minced meat to taste. Combine the minced meat with buckwheat, mix well. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the onions and carrots. Fry the vegetables in half of the vegetable oil. Add the tomato paste, stir and heat until the oil turns orange. Pour in the water (the amount depends on the size of the grechaniki baking dish), season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and remove from the sauce.
- Form small cutlets of minced meat with buckwheat. Place them in a baking dish greased with the remaining oil. Fill with sauce.
- Bake in the oven at 180-200 ° C for 30-35 minutes depending on the oven.
Fans of minced meat dishes may be interested in the recipe of the national cuisine of a number of countries in the Middle East – kebab. Usually these small oblong cutlets are cooked on an open fire, but you can adapt the recipe and cook a juicy kebab in the oven.