How to cook healthy sausage. Recipe from the chef
It is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
Sausage is a staple in so many people’s diets, and for some, breakfast without sausage is a waste of time. However, it is not so easy to find a sausage with a good composition, so we recommend making a healthy substitute at home.
Together with immuno-nutritionists, we have created a recipe for healthy sausages (sausages) that will not harm adults and children. After you have prepared it yourself, you will be sure of the quality of the product.
If you cook sausage at home from natural products and high-quality meat, it will definitely be healthier.
- 1 kg of veal or turkey / chicken fillet;
- 150 g melted ghee (clarified butter) or lard;
- 20 g of salt;
- 50 g of beetroot juice per 1 kg of minced meat for coloring the sausage pink (optional);
- dry aromatic herbs and spices to taste;
- natural or artificial casing;
- Sausage sprayer or meat grinder with a nozzle for sausages.
- Cut the fillet into pieces and roll in a meat mincer through the smallest nozzle. If you use, roll it together with the minced meat. Salt the minced meat and add herbs.
- Mix the minced meat well and beat it for three to five minutes. Then spread on the bottom of a bowl or bag and place in the freezer for an hour.
- Juice the beets in a juicer or grate the beets and then press through a sieve or cheesecloth.
- Grind the cooled minced meat in a food processor, gradually pouring melted butter in a thin stream (if no lard was added).
You should get a homogeneous mass – in consistency like a thick emulsion. To keep the temperature of the emulsion low, you can put the container in a bowl of ice. For the pink color of the sausage, add beetroot juice to the meat emulsion and mix.
Natural casings are usually sold in salt, so rinse the inside well before use. If you use artificial casing, follow the directions on the package. Start a shell. Pour boiling water over the sausage, leave for 10 minutes. When the water cools, fill it again for 10 minutes. The sausage can also be baked in the oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
If you don’t have time to cook, and you prefer store shelves in front of a stove, arm yourself with our tips for choosing healthy sausages.
Which sausage is healthier and how to choose it correctly. 4 tips from a doctor and a chef