- Chicken – 1 pc.
- Butter – 100 g
- Bread (brioche) – 200 g
- Lemon – 1 pc.
- Truffle oil – 1 tsp
- thyme and rosemary to taste
- Salt, pepper – to taste
1. Soak the whole chicken overnight in a bowl with water and 5-6 spoons of salt, and also 1 tablespoon of sugar. You can add spices to the solution: bay leaf, black pepper, thyme and lemon juice (they go well with chicken). The next day we take out the chicken and remove the moisture with napkins or paper towels.
2. Leave the butter at room temperature until it softens. Finely chop the rosemary and thyme and add to the oil. Knead by adding a little lemon juice and truffle oil.
3. Bake brioche or other bread to the state of crackers, grind to crumbs and also add them to the butter with spices. Add salt and pepper.
4. Remove the oil back to the refrigerator to harden a little. Cut the lemon into quarters and put in the bird. Next, with gentle massage movements, we drive the aromatic oil with herbs under the skin of our chicken – gently and gradually, trying not to tear the skin anywhere. Brush the outside of the bird with the rest of the oil. We place herbs in the bird on both sides: beautiful large branches of rosemary and thyme.
5. Bake at a temperature of 170C for 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of the bird, then pour the bird with fat and juices from the bottom of the container, increase the oven temperature to maximum and bake for a another 10 minutes, until a crispy appetizing crust. The color should be dark and deep, and the bird will still be very juicy overnight.
6. We start to cut the bird from the breast, and then we spread it, who likes what.