Chili con carne is a popular Mexican and Texan dish. The literal meaning of the name of the dish is chili with meat. The main components are hot pepper or a sauce made from it and chopped meat or minced meat. The rest of the ingredients can be added according to your own taste.
Chili con carne is a good appetizer. It can be served at the table when guests gather or when there is not much time to cook, but you want to quickly please your family with delicious food.
- lean beef – 500 g;
- canned red beans – 300 g;
- canned corn – 100 g;
- mashed or chopped tomato pulp (it is most convenient to take it ready) – 400 g;
- chili sauce – to be allowed, depending on how spicy you like the dishes;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- lemon juice – 1 tbsp. l.;
- salt, paprika, ground black pepper – to taste;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- nachos corn chips and lettuce before serving
- grated hard cheese for sprinkling.
How to cook chili con carne quickly:
- Finely chop the onion. Constantly stirring, fry in vegetable oil. Add mixed meat and fry it with onions, constantly breaking lumps, 7-10 minutes.
- Add the sauce, tomato pulp, lemon juice, beans and corn, herbs and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes more to evaporate excess liquid.
- Spread the hot mass on corn chips placed on top of lettuce leaves, sprinkle with grated cheese on top – chili con carne is ready!
Burrito is another popular Mexican dish. Ground beef is added to the filling of this flatbread, and the ingredients can be changed if you like.