Even a beginner can handle this dish. Unlike cabbage, from which classic cabbage rolls are prepared, zucchini does not require preliminary preparation.
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that can be used to make dozens of different dishes, from salads, appetizers, soups to desserts. The advantage is the absence of a pronounced independent taste. Zucchini simply absorbs the flavor of other ingredients during the cooking process and therefore goes well with literally any food. We offer to cook delicious zucchini rolls with meat filling. They will look like cabbage rolls, only unlike the classic dish, for which you need to prepare cabbage in a special way, for which you have a certain experience and skill, any culinary beginner can handle zucchini. Recipe from Kolizhanka website.
Zucchini Cabbage Rolls
- Zucchini – 2-3 pcs.
- Minced meat – 200 g
- Onion – 2 pcs.
- Rice – 0.5 tbsp.
- Salt, pepper – to taste
- Tomatoes – 2 tbsp.
- Sour cream – 2 tbsp.
- Water – 0.5 tbsp.
Step by step recipe:
- My zucchini, cut into thin strips of approximately 3-5 ml in thickness, salt and let the juice go. The rest of the vegetables, not suitable for rolls, add to the filling.
- We prepare the stuffing. To do this, we take 200 g of minced meat – any minced meat will do, and you can also make a vegetarian version of soy meat or any vegetable pate, finely chopped onions, half a glass of raw washed rice, and cubes of zucchini add leftovers , which we set aside.
- Mix everything, add salt and pepper to taste.
- At the wider end of the zucchini, put one teaspoon of the filling, roll up the rolls and put them in a pre-oiled form. Rolls can be fixed with a toothpick so that they do not open.
- We make the sauce. To do this, take two tablespoons of tomato paste, two tablespoons of sour cream – low-fat, half a glass of water, as well as salt and pepper to taste. We mix everything and pour the zucchini rolls with a lot of sauce.
- We heat the oven to 180º. We send the form with stuffed cabbage for 40-50 minutes in the oven. Check the readiness by cutting one of the rolls in half. Turn off the oven and leave for another 10 minutes.
- The dish can be served both hot and cold. You can also make sugar and garlic sauce for the rolls.
Focus previously told how to cook delicious zucchini baked in the oven with cottage cheese and cheese.