Non-alcoholic cocktail “Mojito” is a godsend on a hot summer day. The drink will refresh and quench your thirst. It is prepared very simply and quickly.
- soda (preferably with lemon flavor) – 600 ml;
- mint – 20;
- lime – 1 pc.;
- lemons – 0.5 pcs.;
- sugar (preferably cane) – 1 tbsp. l.;
- ice cream (adjust to your taste) – 1 cup.
How to make non-alcoholic Mojito
- Wash the lime and lemon well and pat dry. Rinse fresh mint under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the lime and lemon into thin half circles or quarters. The shape of the cut here does not play a fundamental role and will not affect the taste of the drink.
- Transfer chopped citrus fruit to a bowl. Pour in plain sugar. It is better to replace it with cane sugar, then the taste of the drink will have a pleasant caramel note. Or use a sweetener.
- Add mint leaves, which you can tear in advance with your hands or finely chop with a knife (you can grind in a mortar until the juice is released).
- Use a fork or spoon to thoroughly mash the lemon, lime and mint. You can grind the ingredients in a mortar. It is very important that juice stands out from these components, so the cocktail will be even more saturated and fragrant.
- Pour the resulting mixture into pre-washed and dry glasses. Fill the content with a sprite. Instead of sprite, you can use ordinary sparkling water without additives.
- Pour some ice into a blender. Knead it until it becomes a big crumb. There are other ways to crush ice. Wrap ice cubes in a towel. Beat it a little with a rolling pin.
- Add crushed ice (about 0.75 cup volume) and whole ice cubes to the drink. How to make ice cream? To make it transparent, use cold boiled or non-carbohydrate purified water. Do not use tap water, it will give the drink an unpleasant aftertaste. Boil water for about two minutes. Cool down. Repeat seeds. Cool to room temperature. Pour into ice molds. Put in the freezer until completely frozen.
- Garnish the drink with whole lime slices and mint leaves. Drink immediately after preparation before the ice has melted. Serve with a cocktail straw.