Minced meat is better to take pork. The workpiece must be marinated overnight in the refrigerator, and after boiling, remain under pressure for about five hours
Budget bacon roll with minced meat / Photo: Melissa Live
If you plan to for Easter not only fried meat, but also various rolls, then try to make “Long Boy”, a beautiful roll from Estonia.
For this snack you need two kilograms of the cheapest, which is thin without a layer of fat.
Each piece is cut into squares on the skin and rubbed well with herbs, and inside the cuts also, with salt and pepper. Then pack the carrots and the minced meat well.
Recipe by Melissa Live.
Salo budget roll
Budget snack from lard / Photo: instagram.com/vpovare/
- fat – 2 kg;
- carrots – 2 pcs.;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- salt, pepper, spices – to taste;
- pork meat – 150 g;
- sleeve for baking.
How to make homemade ham from pork leg in eight hours, read here.
- Cut the salo into two squares or rectangles. Cut into small squares up to the skin. Grate the salo well with salt, including the cuts, on all sides. Now rub in the rest of the herbs and garlic.
- Carrot cut into thin strips. Salt a little and stir.
- Combine the minced meat with salt, pepper and herbs, mix.
- Tamp the carrots into pieces in the fat. Spread the minced meat on top of the carrots, the next layer is the carrots.
- Fill two pieces one on top of the other with fat inside. Wrap tightly with thread and place in the baking sleeve and wrap tightly with thread again. Send the night to the refrigerator.
- Cook to start in cold water over low heat for three hours. Cool at room temperature. Put the fat under pressure for five to seven hours. Remove film.