Traditionally, the barbecue season opens at the beginning of May. Having taken everything they need with them, a string of lovers of outdoor recreation rushes to Mayevka, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The most common type of food outside the kitchen is barbecue. There is nothing easier than putting marinated pieces of meat on a skewer and cooking over a fire. Maybe this season it is worth trying to move away from established traditions and the usual holiday menu?
In this article we offer you some unusual dishes from eda.sb.by that you should try to cook in nature. We save recipes, buy the necessary products – and move forward to the fresh air to receive a bouquet of new taste experiences!
Lula kebab minced beef
• Beef shoulder – 1 kg
• Fat tail fat – 350 g
• Onion – 300 g
• Zira – 30 g
• Coriander seeds – 50 g
• Salt – 20 g
• Black peppercorns – 10 g
1. Peel the meat from the films, cut into small pieces and chop with a hatchet, trying to get sticky mixed meat. If there is no hatchet, you can use a meat grinder with a fine grater.
2. Cut onion and fat into small cubes.
3. Grind zira, coriander, pepper and salt in a mortar.
4. Mix spices with onions, add fat and mix again.
5. Add this mass to the meat and knead well.
6. Put the mixed meat in a container in an even layer, squeeze out the air, close the lid and refrigerate for 3 hours.
7. Form sausages with a weight of 100-150 g of mixed meat and place them on skewers. If the stuffing sticks strongly to your hands, moisten your hands with water.
8. Fry on the grill, turning often, until a beautiful crust forms.
Sea bass on the grill
• Sea bass – 4 pieces
• Vegetable oil – 40 ml
• Green onion – 2 pcs.
• Dill – bunch
• Balsamic vinegar – 1/2 tsp.
• Thyme – 1/2 tsp.
• Cumin – 1/4 tsp.
• Turmeric – 1/4 tsp.
• Black pepper to taste
• Salt to taste
1. In a separate bowl, mix herbs, oil and vinegar. Clean the fish, make longitudinal cuts with a knife. Grate each carcass with the prepared mixture.
2. Move the fish to a deep container and cover with chopped onion and dill. Mix well. Leave to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
3. After the time is up, fry the fish on the grill, on both sides, over medium coals, for 20 minutes.
Chicken on the grill
• Chicken – 1 piece
• Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
• Adjika – 5 g
• Salt – 3 g
• Paprika – 3 g
1. Prepare the marinade: pour olive oil into a deep plate, add adjika, salt, paprika, mix.
2. Rub the chicken carcass well with the marinade and leave to marinate for an hour.
3. Cook the chicken on the grill for about half an hour, turning constantly.
Pilaf in a cauldron
• Lamb on the bone – 1.5 kg
• Extra long basmati rice – 600 g
• Bulb onion – 4 pieces
• Garlic – 2 heads
• Carrots – 4 pieces
• Red chili pepper – 2 pieces
• Cumin (zira) – 1 tablespoon
• Water to taste
• Salt to taste
• Vegetable oil – 200 ml
1. Pour vegetable oil into a well-heated cauldron and ignite it. We will find this out after a light smoke comes out of the oil. Put a whole peeled onion in a cauldron and fry it – it will absorb all the extraneous smells of oil. Take out the bulb.
2. Add the bones and fry them quickly over high heat until golden brown.
3. Put the onion, cut into half rings, and fry until brown.
4. Add chopped carrots, mix, fry carrots until golden brown.
5. Add chopped meat and fry over high heat until golden brown.
6. Then pour everything with boiling water, salt, put zira, hot pepper, garlic and simmer for 40 minutes over low heat until the water evaporates almost completely.
7. Rinse the rice and carefully place it in an even layer on top of the zirvak. Pour the rice with a small amount of boiling water so that it covers the rice by 1-1.5 cm. Reduce the heat, check the readiness of the rice, if it is hard, add 50-100 ml of water, make a few vertical holes in the pilaf. Close the kettle with a lid and let stand for 20 minutes on low heat.
8. Remove the pilaf from the fire, remove the pepper, garlic, mix gently, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and put on a large dish.
Mushrooms on the grill
• Mushrooms – 1 kg
• Mayonnaise – 200 gr
• Garlic – 3 cloves
• Salt, pepper to taste
1. Prepare the mushrooms: rinse well under running water and dry. We put them in a deep bowl, salt, pepper, add crushed garlic and mayonnaise. Mix and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. We string it on a skewer or put it on a grill and start frying on coals.
3. You have to fry carefully, about 10-15 minutes, turning constantly. Mushrooms will naturally darken on top, but inside they will be juicy.
Vegetables on the cabbage
• Zucchini – 1-2 pieces
• Sweet pepper – 2 pieces
• Bow – 1 piece
• Mushrooms – 300 gr
• Cherry tomatoes – 200 gr
• Garlic – 2 cloves
• Dry herbs – 1 teaspoon
• Fresh greens – bunch
• Olive oil – 3 teaspoons
• Salt, pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry all vegetables, peel onions and garlic.
2. Onion and pepper cut into medium-sized pieces, zucchini – circles, mushrooms – in half. Leave the tomatoes whole. Put everything in a deep bowl.
3. Pass through a press or grind the garlic. Add salt, pepper, dry herbs. For a more intense flavor, add chopped fresh herbs.
4. Pour everything with olive oil and mix gently. Arrange vegetables and mushrooms on skewers, alternating.
5. It remains only to send the skewers to the heated coals and fry until golden brown, turning constantly.
Enjoy your meal!