Adana kebab is a popular Turkish fast food. Along with barbecue, this is one of the most popular meat dishes of oriental cuisine. Unlike other kebabs, this type necessarily contains baked hot and sweet pepper, which makes the dish juicy. Such fast food is prepared on metal flat skewers on the grill. At home you can use wooden skewers, a grill pan, or you can bake kebabs in the oven.
- meat – 1 kg;
- onion – 500 g;
- Bulgarian pepper – 3 pcs.;
- hot pepper – 2 pcs.;
- ground coriander – 1 tsp;
- chili pepper flakes – 1 pinch;
- ground black pepper – 1 tsp;
- salt – 2 tsp;
- vegetable oil – 1 tsp
Step by step recipe:
- When cooking, you can use a mixture of mixed meat and fat lamb. It is recommended to take chopped beef, and it is better to turn lamb in a meat grinder with a large rat.
- Wrap bell and hot peppers in foil and bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes. Then cool, remove the seeds and a thin film from the peel.
- Cut the onion. Grind the pepper with an immersion blender until puree.
- Mix the minced meat with salt, chopped onion, roasted pepper paste and spices. Mix thoroughly and leave for a day. Before forming the kebabs, knead the minced meat well again. You can leave it on the surface, having previously transferred it in a strong bag and secured it so as not to splash the workplace. When the minced meat becomes sticky and viscous enough, you can proceed to the formation of kebabs.
- When forming kebabs, so that the minced meat does not stick to your hands, moisten your hands in water or grease with a small amount of vegetable oil. Ready-made kebabs can be fried on all sides on a grill pan until golden brown or baked in the oven with the “grill” function, periodically turning the skewers so that the kebabs are fried on all sides.