For the filling, take any minced meat. To that you need to add paprika, tomatoes. From above, the pide is smeared with yolk and, if you wish, decorated with sesame seeds
Turkish pide boats
Many may say that this is almost an Italian pizza, only oval. We will not argue with this, a parallel can really be drawn. By the way, in Turkish cuisine there is another dish – yaglama – very similar to lasagna.
So, peak. Unlike pizza, it’s whole lots of toppings. No need to fear that his layers can not bake – fried minced meat with vegetables earlier.
After kneading the dough, it should stand for half an hour, and it should be rolled out for pide no thicker than one centimeter.
Recipe from the mook_cook site.
Turkish pide with minced meat
Turkish pide with minced meat / Photo: instagram.com/tarifvesunm
- milk – 350-380 ml;
- sugar, salt – 1 tsp each;
- dry yeast – 2 tbsp. l.;
- egg – 2 pcs.;
- flour (how much will take);
- yolk for lubrication.
- meat – 300 g;
- onions – 2 pcs.;
- tomato – 3 pcs.;
- tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l.;
- pepper – 2 pcs.;
- salt, pepper, paprika, coriander, dried garlic;
- hard cheese, sesame.
How to cook:
- Add yeast, sugar, salt and egg to warm milk. Mix and gradually add flour. Knead a soft dough and put in heat for 30 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- Fry mixed meat, add finely chopped onion. Fry.
- Add diced tomatoes and paprika. Salt pepper. Simmer until done. The mince should be soft, but not dry..
- Divide the dough into four parts, and divide the filling into four parts. Roll each part of the dough into an oval, make sides, put on a lined baking sheet.
- Lay out the filling and sprinkle with cheese. Spread with yolk, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 220 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
Here you will learn about the most famous Turkish sesame bagels, simits, and how to cook them.